I GOT THIS FROM ERYN'S FACE BOOK AND THOUGHT TO MYSELF...WOW, I REALLY HAVE NOTHING TO BLOG ABOUT AND THIS IS SUCH A FUN SURVEY. SO HERE WE GO!
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED?
No...We were starting to think about it, but we decided to start trying in June...the boys were born in June :)
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
Ah...No we found out about three weeks before our wedding day.
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
Well the first test I took I thought it was a malfunction, so I went to work and purchased another digital test from the drug store (along with pre-natal vitamins and condoms that way I was covered either way) and then took it and as soon as it said prego, I called for Jeff and he turned the corner with a big smile on his face. I was so excited and really scared!
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?
Not at all, we were planning on them but they just came a bit earlier than we were planning but in all reality Jeff came along sooner than I thought too and I am really glad he did.
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
I was going to be 23 in 3 days.
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
Home prego test times 2.
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
Oh gosh I just told this story...Jeff.
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?
YES...we had decided on names, 4 all together so we definitely wanted to know ASAP!
9. DUE DATE?
August 7, 2008 but we had them June 18, 2008.
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
Never. I know lucky!
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
Well the beginning I craved pickles, goldfish crackers, and deep fried burritos. In the middle I ate a ton of taco bell, peanut butter sandwiched, two tons of grilled cheese sandwiches and chicken mc nuggets. In the end I ate all the time, I craved tri-tip sandwiches and ice cream.
12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
When people didn't know I was pregnant, at the time I had a friend that was pregnant with twins as well and for some reason you could really tell she was pregnant but not me. That was annoying.
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX?
Boys
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
No...I was kind of hoping for one of each so that I could be done but now I am glad I have two boys. They are a blast!
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
Without water weight I gained 11 pounds with water weight about 45ish. After I had my c-section, I dropped all my water weight literally by the end of my 3 day stay.
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
Yes, my mother in-law threw one for me.
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
I knew.
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
Yes! I found out I was pregnant and they thought I had a miscarriage so I was in the hospital over night and then 2 weeks later I went in to confirm my miscarriage and they found two babies. Soon after I was sent to a specialist, Daniel had a hard time growing and had a heart condition, they thought they were going to pull them at 23 weeks but Daniel started doing better we held out until 33 weeks then Daniel started to digress in growth. They had to pull them both early.
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Mercy Southwest in Bakersfield
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
I actually went into labor that morning and was having really bad contractions but I had a scheduled c-section for the next day at 1:00pm, they had to wait for the big room and ended up not having them until 4:45pm and 4:46pm :)
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?
My Mom. Jeff drove my car with the car seats by some weird chance we could take them home but my belly was so big and my car was so small I couldn't fit in it with the car seats.
22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Jeff was in the operating room.
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
C-Section
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
Well funny story...I was given an epidural but it's based on weight so they gave it to me for the 45 lbs I was holding and I literally could not move and started falling asleep. I waited until the babies were out...not that I saw them because they were whisked away to help them breath but I wanted to make sure they were ok and once they were and I made Jeff go and stay with them I fell asleep.
25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
Jacob was 4lb. 14oz. and Daniel was 3lbs 1oz.
26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ?
June 18, 2008 and Jeff says they were actually not a whole minute apart but they had to put it that way for the birth certificates.
27. WAS HE/SHE EARLY OR LATE?
EARLY!
28. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
Jacob Reid Duncan and Daniel Rey Duncan
29. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY?
They are 13 months old now...They are pretty wonderful and I love every second with them!
.jpg)
It's as if I can hear the Count from Sesame Street laughing as I read the title of this! I just love you and you make me laugh! Who would have thought you would have had twins!
ReplyDeleteI didn't think a baby much less two would be in my future but I love it.
ReplyDeleteJeff and I always call the boys that way one, ha ha ha and two, ha ha ha...get over here! Or baby A and baby B works for us at time :)