Monday, August 10, 2009

Whoa...were half way there...Whoa...livin' on a prayer

So Heferoni and I thought about buying a home, actually we did more than think we actually placed a bid in on a home and decided today to take our bid out of the running. Due to some sound advice and some earnest prayers.

We are going to go look at condo/townhouses tomorrow instead...I know why would we buy a part of a house. I kind of thought the same thing at first, but I really see the benefits of having someone else take care of a little yard and plow snow out of my driveways and walkways and in turn I don't have to be that nagging b****y wife. I kind of like that idea for sure because I fall into that trap about twice a week :(

Anywho...all this is dependent on both of us getting some work around this joint...I lost my job at taft about a month ago and yes it was hard but everything happens for a reason right?! Well I actually got a job not my dream but it's work about a week after I found out about Taft and it's going well enough, I have a job interview tomorrow for the local school district and one on Thursday for child protective services, so all the prayers I can get would be great.

If it is the right thing for me and the fam I know that the Lord will provide for us. He always does, not always exactly what we think we want and when we want it but we always have what we should and the Lord is always there. At least that's what I believe :)

Well I have reading little updates and talking to a few people out there (WHAT?!)...and people sound HAPPY and things seem to be going well and I am just so glad about that. So keep up the good attitudes and we send you all much love!

Duncanette, Dunksta, Double Dunc, and D Dog

4 comments:

  1. Everything happens for a reason. I know things will work out the way they're supposed to. :) Good luck with your job interviews! I know you'll do great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm bigger on the sound advice than the earnest prayers, but I'll do my best for both.

    Condos are deceptive. I'm sure you've made the right decision, but here's a couple of my pet-peeves about condos that you may not have thought about. You have to consider the cost of the association, which will continue to go up and up periodically, and you'll have no choice about it. Also condos do not appreciate in value as much as houses do--not even close. You cannot make any structural or cosmetic changes to your home. Parking for guests usually sucks. No garage sales, boo. I personally hate having my freedom limited when I am paying good money for it, but everyone's needs are different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the advise...we will consider everything very carefully before making a decision.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CHristina! It MADE my day when I saw this! The names at the bottom have me grinning ear to ear and I can't get them off my mind! THank you for this :) Double Dunc & D Dog are my Favorite!
    PS- I'm still smiling!

    ReplyDelete