We have the privileged to be the Cedar City Ambassadors to the March of Dimes Jail and Bail. With your help, once again we would like to raise a little money to help others. HELP TO SET US FREE!!!!
We know that many of our friends and family gave to our fund raising efforts for the March of Dimes March for Babies just a few months ago. If you were unable to give last time and are able to give this time or if you gave last time but can give again this time; we would of course be overjoyed with your generosity and efforts. Please remember that although these are hard times for all of us babies are born everyday and not all of them are healthy. Please take some time and read our story below...
The day after Christmas, my husband and I went to our ultrasound to confirm our miss-carriage and take the necessary steps to go forward with our family plans. Although we did not plan on having children at that time we were very sad and disappointed at the potential loss of a child.We know that many of our friends and family gave to our fund raising efforts for the March of Dimes March for Babies just a few months ago. If you were unable to give last time and are able to give this time or if you gave last time but can give again this time; we would of course be overjoyed with your generosity and efforts. Please remember that although these are hard times for all of us babies are born everyday and not all of them are healthy. Please take some time and read our story below...
The ultrasound technician said, “I have good news…there is the head to the butt and there is the head to the butt.” She was smiling, when I looked over at my husband because I thought the girl was totally weird for repeating herself. My husband’s jaw was hanging down to the ground and he managed to blurt out “TWO” “Two what?” I said.
About 7 months later I walked into one of our run of the mill weekly ultrasounds and our doctor asked if we were ready and proceeded to tell me that he was pulling the babies tomorrow around 1:00 in the afternoon. That’s when our 33 weekers made their debut; Daniel Rey born a whopping 1 minute before his brother at 3 pound 1 ounce and Jacob Reid being shoved out of the way by his brother, being born at 4 pounds 14 ounces. Our 30 day journey in the NICU began. After not seeing my children for the first 16 hours of their lives, I walked down the hospital halls (the longest walk I will ever make in life!) to the NICU to see my boys. It was a long, hard and triumphant time that I will never forget. Now boys are almost one year old. They are HEALTHY, happy and running (literally) in two separate directions.
The March of Dimes helped us in many ways, the research that has been conducted; I have absolutely no doubt helped with the development and awesome progression that my boys were able and continue to make. Our family feels very lucky. We know that not every situation is or ends ideally and that is why we are proud to be affiliated and volunteer for the March of Dimes, We believe that every baby and family deserves to be healthy and happy!
Won't you please help me in this worthy cause? Contributing to my "bail" online is fast, easy and secure. You can donate directly from my personal webpage with a credit card or PayPal. If you prefer, I can also accept cash or check. Just click the appropriate box on my webpage. EVERY dollar makes a difference!
My personal Web page address for donations is...
http://jailandbail.marchofdimes.com/theduncans
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment